Five years ago, Melanie H. joined FXB Denver’s 10-week fitness challenge looking to end years of yo-yo dieting and the roller coaster of weight loss and weight gain that she had been experiencing for years. To say that Melanie was dedicated to that cause would be an understatement. She worked her butt off in class every day (perfect attendance for 10 weeks) and focused on the nutrition with ninja-like focus. She took FXB’s nutrition principles and made them her own recipe for success. She planned every meal for 10 weeks, even planning around a friend’s weekend bachelorette party and wedding, to maximize her 10-week results.
Her dedication and commitment to herself paid off in spades. After 10 weeks, Melanie had lost 18 lbs., shed 5.6% body fat, and melted away over 17 inches, 5.5 inches of which came off her waist. She deservedly was announced our $1,000 prize winner for that session. In the weeks and months following, she stayed dedicated to herself and continued to achieve more and more results. The most amazing part is that 5 years later, she has remained at FXB and has maintained those results*.
Shortly thereafter, in June 2012, Melanie became an instructor for me. I was hesitant to hire her because she was shy and very soft spoken, but that changed quickly. Since, she has become an awesome and dedicated instructor, and a favorite of many FXB Denver members. Her commitment to excellence and to FXB members is second to none. I could not ask for a better person to trust my members with. I don’t know which of her kickboxing classes, strength training classes or her combo classes people like more, but they all love HER.
As an instructor and coach, Melanie has gone, and continues to go, above and beyond the call of duty. Over these past 5 years, she has helped so many people along their personal health and fitness journeys, and served as a great example of how FXB members can make a commitment to their health and fitness. Just a few things she does:
- Works out consistently and serves as an example for all FXB members
- Instructs great classes that members love
- Provides personal instruction to members on form and technique before and after classes
- Answers member questions regarding nutrition and how to make it work for them individually
- Works out with members to push them to new levels
- Meets with members on her own time to provide feedback on nutrition
- Assists with orientations, testing days and finale parties (I can count on 1 hand how many times she has missed one of these important dates in the past 5 years)
- Makes people feel welcome every day, every class at the gym
Melanie does all of these things for members, and maintains a high level of credibility by practicing what she preaches. All of this, while being one of the most modest people you will ever know.
I know all of my members will join me when saying “Thank You” to Melanie for all that you do for FXB Denver. Thank you doesn’t do justice for what she does, but is rather just a start to show how much she is appreciated by all of us.
Thank you, Melanie, for 5 years of great service. FXB Denver would not be as successful without you. You are a great instructor, teacher, mentor, resource and friend to so many of us. Little did I know 5 years ago that FXB Denver and I had gained such a great friend.
Melanie (far right) hanging out with some FXB friends.
* Disclaimer: The above testimonial and photos were contributed by an actual member. We cannot guarantee everyone will achieve similar results. We do believe that everyone can achieve measurable results, but the specific results will vary from person to person.
At Farrell's eXtreme Bodyshaping, we offer boot camp style classes that are designed to give all fitness levels extreme results. We offer a 10-week fitness challenge that includes the following four components: 1. Kickboxing classes, high intensity cardio classes that burn fat, 2. Strength training that builds lean muscle and tones the body, 3. Nutrition assistance with simple, individualized meal plans and education that focuses on a healthy diet, 4. Accountability provided by our coaches that encourage, motivate, answer questions, and help guide you through the program.
Are you ready to join our 10-week fitness challenge? Contact us today!